How to bring an offline printer online in window 7
The printer is turned on and it appears to be ready to print but you have a “printer offline” message.This can be caused by an error between the window 7 and the printer. Follow the steps and turn printer offline to online in window 7:
- Check if both ends of the cable are firmly inserted.
- Try to change the port.
- If the printer is a network printer, make sure the Ethernet cable is correctly inserted.
- If the printer is wireless, check the internet connection or make sure it’s connected to the router restart the router.
- Use a different Ethernet cable, if you are on a network or wireless printer try to attach a USB cable, to make sure the printer is working.
- Turn off the printer, and turn off the windows 7.
- Unplug the printer for about 30 seconds, then, reinsert the electrical cable.
- Power on the printer and wait until the printer is finished the starting up.
- Turn on the computer windows 7 and see if the printer is still offline.
How do I get back my printer online from offline in windows 7
- Make sure the printer is fully turned on and not in “power saving” mode.
- Go to the windows 7 start button icon windows 7 on the bottom left of the screen,
- Choose “Control panel”.
- Next, “Devices and Printers”.
- Right click the printer, and try to set the printer to “online” manually from the window 7.
- Opens, choose “printer” from the menu bar at the top.
- Check if they “Use Printer Offline” option is off.
- Try to check the option use printer offline leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it.
- Cancel any print jobs present.
- Right-click on your default printer, select the print queue on “See What’s Printing”.
- Remove all the unfinished tasks from the list
- Restart both windows 7 and printer.
- Right-click the printer from “Devices and Printers” and select “Remove Device”.
- Now, add the printer again.
Download and reinstall the printer drivers in windows 7 and turn printer offline to onlineReinstall and Download the offline printer window 7 by following technical steps given below:
- Go to the windows 7 start bar and next click on “control panel”, next “system and security” and finally “system”.
- Check the system type- operating system 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Select the “Add a printer” option from “Devices and Printers” and confirm printer model number.
- Download the printer driver from the printer manufacturer’s website as per windows 7.
- Type “CMD” in the search section with the command.
- Open windows type “PRINTUI /S/T2” enters the spaces, and opens the “print server properties” window.
- Next, reinstall the driver from windows 7.
- You can now add your printer again.
- Next, add the printer model from “Devices and Printers” section.
- Add it manually.
- Try to print document.
A paper jam may cause the printer to show an error and go offline.
Print a test page using the control panel, or the properties. If the printer does not print the test page, there is a hardware problem.
- Check if the selected printer is the printer you are using.
- Restart the print spooler service.
- Press Windows key + R.
- Enter “services.msc”.
- Click “OK”.
- When “Services” window 7 opens, tap “print spooler service”.
- Right click by mouse, and click on “Restart” from the menu.
- Check if the issue still appears.