How to set up your Canon Pixma mx490 printer on a wireless network on windows and mac. First make sure your printer is plugged in and turned on the power button will be lit green. When the printer is on if the printer LCD screen is blank press the copy button on the upper left of the four button panel. When the screen is on press the setup button on the bottom right of the four button panel.
The screen will now display wireless LAN setup press the ok button. You will see scrolling text on the screen press the stop button on the right-hand side of the printer panel. Display this screen use the right arrow button to find other setup and press OK. Now use the right arrow button to find cable is setup and press ok. When you see scrolling text on the screen you are ready to install the software on your windows and mac device.
- Now let’s download the Canon printer drivers on your windows and mac device.
- Go to the official website of the canon printer and download the latest version of drivers as per operating version.
- Click on the driver setup .exe file and click to install the file.
- Now follow the screen and finish the installation of driver on mac and windows.
- Next, go the start button on windows at left-corner first icon at desktop taskbar.
- A half windows will pop-up on left side of screen click on the “Devices and Printers”.
- Go to the printers list and click to add the Canon Pixma mx490 printer.
- Reboot the printer and print documents.
How do i connect my canon mx490 to Wi-Fi
Next tap connect canon mx 490 via wireless router on windows and mac. Select the access point or wireless network name you would like to use enter the password for your wireless network and tap ok. The network settings will be sent to the Canon printer when a message appears tap ok. Verify the mx 490 printer is detected tap the name of your printer. When it appears this will select and connect canon printer with your device. When message appears tap ok. Therefore, Canon Pixma mx490 printer setup process is completed and printer is ready to print.