How do I delete or cancel a stuck print job in windows
How do I delete or cancel a printer stuck in print job in windows. To overcome virtually all of the problems encountered with a printer (paper jams, print defects, print speed, print quality, etc.), and printer shows offline & do not print.
Reduce paper jams and avoid printing defects (horizontal or vertical stripes, alignment problems, appearance of patterns in the form of mosaics, etc.). You just need to follow a few simple tips to apply.
- Horizontal or vertical bands
- Incorrect or missing colors
- The page is stained or looks dirty
- Characters and images are blurry, characters are stacked, or lines are not aligned.
- Documents are printed skewed or shifted
- Printed pages are wrinkled, curled, or dog-eared.
- Unusual noises are heard
- The print is too light
- Photos or images are printed in unexpected colors
- The copy has defects (irregular colors, spots or straight lines)
- An image of the reverse side of the original appears on the copy
- Printing is too slow
- Unable to complete printing
- Problems specific to laser printers
What to do when printer stuck in print job in windows
Do not exceed the maximum level of sheets accepted by the paper tray. Periodically remove printed paper from the output tray, printer stuck print job. Use paper with the characteristics accepted by the printer (size, material and weight) and do not place paper of different sizes and types in the paper tray.
Remember, while printings do not open the tray. Wait for the paper supply to run out before adding paper. Curl the paper, fan the sheets, align the edges, and adjust the guides to the edges of the sheets without bending them. The leaves should lie flat. Do not use wrinkled, folded, chipped, torn, or damp paper.
To avoid printing defects (horizontal or vertical bands, alignment problems, appearance of patterns in the form of mosaics, etc.)
In windows delete the temporary print job manually from print spooler folder. Either setup printer from first or use a media supported by the printer (size, thickness, material) and selects the corresponding paper type in the print settings.
Do not print on damp or damaged paper. Flatten any warped paper or swollen envelope. If the paper has only one printable side (photo paper), observe the direction in which the sheets are fed.
Print a print quality test page to check the condition of the print heads. If necessary, printer stuck print job and initiate printed cleaning and alignment. Select a higher quality in the print settings. Allow prints to dry before sorting, stacking, or displaying. Do not touch the side just printed.
For best results, manufacturers recommend using only their own brand ink cartridges before the date stated on the package and within 6 months after opening.
Why are my documents in queue and not printing
- Make sure the printable side (whiter or glossier) of the paper is oriented correctly in the paper tray or in the paper insertion slot.
- Make sure the paper type selected in the printer driver matches the type of paper loaded.
- If the printed check sheet is faulty, initiate print head cleaning and alignment.
- Check the ink levels in the cartridges, change them if necessary.
- For copies, clean the scanner glass.
Document pending but not printing and incorrect or missing colors
- Turn off “gray scale” or draft printing.
- Adjust the color settings.
- Clean the print heads.
- Make sure the cartridges still contain ink and that they are properly installed.
- When installing new cartridges, remove the protective materials / packaging.
- For laser printers, shake the toner to make a few more prints with the remaining powder and if necessary change the empty toner.
- Install a new drum for laser printers.
- The paper is too wet or too dry: change the paper.
Print job leaves queue but document isn’t printed windows 10
- The page is stained or seems dirty in windows 10.
- Use paper that meets the specifications accepted by the printer and places it correctly.
- The printer should be on a flat, stable surface.
- For double-sided prints with high density images, consider lowering the print density and increasing the drying time.
- If you are printing borderless, be sure to use the correct paper.
- Flatten the slightly curled sheets of paper and insert them one at a time.
- Check that you have not started printing outside the recommended area of your paper, change the print settings if necessary.
- Clean the inside of the printer (pickup roller, oven, drum, etc.).
CHARACTERS AND IMAGES ARE BLURRED, CHARACTERS ARE STACKED OR LINES ARE NOT ALIGNED
Start a print head alignment or calibration and must remember or find a default username and password. The paper used is too textured or too glossy: replace it with paper accepted by the printer.
THE DOCUMENTS ARE PRINTED THROUGH OR OFFSET
- Check that the paper is placed correctly in the paper tray and that the guides are positioned correctly.
- The paper is unsuitable, change it.
- Correctly select the type of paper used (type and size).
- The paper pickup rollers are defective.
PRINTED PAGES ARE WRINKLED, WRINKLED, OR CORNED
- The paper is too thin, change it and select the type of paper loaded in the driver.
- In high humidity or high temperature, the paper may curl.
- If you do not use the printer regularly, the sheets may have been in the tray too long: turn them over, fan them and turn them 180 °.
- Reduce the intensity or density setting for the images.
UNUSUAL SOUNDS ARE HEARD
- Something is stuck in the printer, remove it.
- Keep the printer on table or surface.
THE PRINTING IS TOO LIGHT
- Check ink levels and change cartridges if necessary.
- Select a better print quality by removing Eco, Draft, or Quick mode.
- The paper is too thick or too shiny and is rejecting toner, change it.
- If the problem is not with the use of a paper type that the printer does not accept, turn off fast or bidirectional printing.
- The transfer roller or fixing unit is defective (laser printer) or the toner melting temperature needs to be adjusted.
PHOTOS OR IMAGES ARE PRINTED IN UNINTENDED COLORS
It is necessary to modify the adjustment parameters at the level of the color correction or improvement of the photos. Check ink levels and replace cartridges if necessary.
THE COPY HAS DEFECTS (IRREGULAR COLORS, STAINS OR STRAIGHT LINES)
- Clean the paper path.
- Clean the scanner glass.
- Do not put too much pressure on the original or the scanner cover when placing the original on the scanner glass.
- If cross-hatching (more pattern) appears, change the enlargement or reduction, or shift the original.
- If the paper is smeared, decrease the copy density.
AN IMAGE OF THE BACK OF THE ORIGINAL APPEARS ON THE COPY
- The original is thin paper: place a black sheet on top.
- Reduce the copy density / intensity.
Printer Stuck in Print Queue and Printing is too slow
- Close the apps you don’t need.
- Reduce the level of print quality.
- Enable the bidirectional or “high speed” printing setting.
- Deactivate “silent” mode.
- Uncheck the “borderless” printing option.
- When printing continuously, the printer may slow down to avoid overheating.