Most common causes for print failure for your brother wireless printer. Multiple models even though your machine may not match the model referred. the overall process will be the same there are several issues that may cause brother hl-2270dw offline or fail to print
Common driver and network troubleshooting. Some windows computers are setup to automatically install devices found on your network. When this occurs to your brother hl-2270dw be setup with a windows wsd port. A generic driver these are common causes for unable to print issues offline.
- Click the link on the screen to verify that your drivers are setup correctly.
- Type control panel in the search box of the windows 10 user task bar.
- Select control panel and then select view devices and printers.
- Right-click your brother device icon and select see what’s printing.
If you have any pending print jobs click printer and then cancel all documents and then click yes. Once the pending print job has been removed. Check the brother device status if your brother device says use printer offline. Select printer and then use printer offline to switch the brother hl-2270dw back online and try printing again.[AW1]
brother hl 2270dw is offline | driver is unavailable windows 10
If your brother device is still unable to print says offline then remove the printer and add it again. Right-click brother hl-2270dw icon and select see what’s printing. Delete any pending print jobs and click the x to close the print job. Window right click your brother hl-2270dw device icon and select remove device. Select yes to confirm that you wish to remove it.
Select one of the other printer icons within the devices and printers window and brother hl 2270dw wireless setup windows 10. Once selected printer server properties display at the top. Select printer server properties and then select the drivers tab. Now uninstall your brother hl-2270dw driver locate and click on your brother device driver.
Install brother hl 2270dw driver and turn back online
- Click remove and click to remove driver only and select ok.
- Click yes to confirm the removal of the printer driver
- If you receive a message that your print driver is currently in use need to reboot your computer and try again.
- Brother printer has been removed click add printer to install brother driver again on laptop.
- Now search for available network and setup brother hl 2270dw wireless printers may be found.
- Click the printer that isn’t listed and select brother hl-2270dwl to ensure that the printer is discovered and reinstalled using its IP address.
- Once brother hl-2270dw is discovered, select it and choose next if the printer was not found.
- Need to reboot your router brother device and computer the printer will now add itself back to devices and printers.
If prompted for a driver version select use the driver that is currently installed and then click next. Click next again to use the default printer name if prompted. Select do not share this printer print test page the printer will now print a test page. Click close then click finish.