12 Android Tips and Tricks You Shouldn’t Miss in 2022
As any Android user knows, there are always new tips and tricks to learn. Here are 12 android tips and tricks you shouldn’t miss in 2022:
- Make the most of your android’s gesture controls. With a few simple swipes, you can do everything from opening the smartphone’s lock, and camera to silencing your phone. You want to know these because you do not want your phone to be like LockBreaker Escape Rooms that are hard to break into and out of! (Be sure to check them out as they are amazing!)
- Use the “Ok Google” voice command to do things hands-free. Whether you want to set a reminder or send a text, just say “Ok Google” followed by your query.
- Get instant answers with Google Now. Simply hold down the home button and ask away. You’ll get weather reports, sports scores, and more.
- Customize your home screen. Add widgets, change the wallpaper, and rearrange your apps to suit your needs.
- Take advantage of app shortcuts. With Android 7.1 and higher, you can access specific features within apps by long-pressing the app icon.
- Use the split-screen view to multitask. This feature lets you run two apps side-by-side or split screen on your phone. Keep your android safe with a lock screen pattern or pin code. This will prevent anyone from accessing your device if it’s lost or stolen.
- Do more with notifications. With Android Nougat, you can reply to messages directly from the notification shade.
- Save battery life with Doze mode. This feature puts your device into Use Android Beam to share files between two android devices. Just touch the devices together and Beam will do the rest. Don’t like the default keyboard? Install a third-party keyboard like SwiftKey or Gboard for a better typing experience. Are you tired of notifications? Go into Settings and turn off notification sounds for each app individually.
- Save money on data charges by using Wi-Fi whenever possible. Most Android phones will automatically connect to available Wi-Fi networks when in range. Save time with voice commands. You can do everything from sending a text message to checking the weather by speaking to your android. Customize your home screen with widgets and launchers. This way, you can put your favorite apps and information front and center.
- Use Google Now to get information without having to search for it. Just say “Ok Google” followed by a question or request, and now it will provide the answer or carry out the action. e.g.., “Ok Google, what’s the weather like today?”
- Take advantage of the Google maps offline maps feature by downloading maps of areas you’ll be visiting ahead of time. this way, you’ll still be able to access maps even if you’re in an area with poor or no cell service. open google maps, tap on the menu icon, then choose “offline areas ” select “custom map ” zoom in on the area you want to save tap on the download icon
- Keep track of time with the world clock widget. add it to your home screen by going into settings widgets choosing “world clock” then resizing and positioning it where you want it. The widget will automatically update to show the current time in all the cities you’ve added.
These are just a few of the many android tips and tricks out there. So, explore and have fun! And if you have, there’s always something new to learn. So, explore and have fun!